Sunday, August 26, 2007

Being Busy


A week ago yesterday Dan and I came home after spending 4 nights and 4 days as house leaders at a regional youth conference for our church. It was an awesome experience and we had lots of fun but I was so glad to come home.

This past week I tried desperately to catch up on sleep but my calendar was already full of various activities so I am really hoping that I will get to bed early this week.

I was fortunate enough this past week to take part in 3 piano/music workshops in order to get my mind back in gear for another year of teaching. Great workshops, with great information and great presenters. I definitely got inspired! Remember, if you are looking for piano instruction for yourself or a family member (meaning little ones), let me know! I still have some open spots left.

I also went on a little trip with the youth of our congregation (Ward), took kids to swimming lessons every day; had one of Elena's friends over and did other things I can't think about at the moment!

This week I will be meeting with all sorts of people to talk about Christian and getting him into specific therapy. We have been so blessed - people are really willing to meet with us and teach us how to help Chris. Tomorrow I meet with an awesome lady who has a class of about 6 autistic kids at a school here in town. Our local newspaper wrote an article about her and her class and I found out that her bestfriend is the principal at our school!! I am excited to meet her tomorrow.

0 comments: