Friday, August 10, 2007

Back Again

I apologize for my month long disappearance. I really had no intention of letting time fly by so quickly! Many things have happened in the month I have been MIA. A very basic list of what has happened this month:

I went to girls camp, some of my Young Women leaders got moved around and I called an additional person to work with the youngest girls. A sister-in-law lost her baby; a friend's child died; my sister moved; my parents moved; I have been playing mom to 5 kids, I had an anxiety attack, Dan is still working on his dissertation and now I am getting ready for a youth conference next week, scared of leaving Christian behind.

Many other smaller things have happened - I really feel so tired and in need of a REAL vacation. I really don't want another anxiety attack. Those are just awful!
I mentioned to someone not to long ago, that growing up, we used to vacation at least once a year. In the last 10 years I have vacationed once!

Enough of my complaining (I hope you have having a GREAT time in HAWAII B - I am jealous!!!!). Some nice things have happened to us as well, my flowers are looking great in our tiny garden. Actually, I have too many flowers for our little piece of land. I LOVE them though! This is the first time I planted some Dahlia's and they look great - I love all the different colours.

Dan got a 1 year full-time position at Brock University! That is the highlight of the pass month. Full medical and some extra money is involved once his dissertation has been handed in! I am really happy to know how much we will be getting paid every month! We are hopeful that Dan will find a permanent spot before the end of next year.

I have been working on a quilt (my first real one) with some other ladies from church but I can only work on it when we all get together since I don't have a sewing machine. I pulled it out this morning and was surprised at how good it actually looks! I think I can do the next step on my own and then I will need to find a machine. I have also done some scrapbooking (not very much) and I have started on another crotchet project. I love doing this kind of stuff I just don't think I am very good at it.

Tonight I am going to get my haircut. I can't wait!! In my single days I used to go to the hairplace every week! Yikes, I have neglected myself quite a bit. So tonight I am going to go see my hairdresser friend, Anna, and she is going to work some magic. It will be nice to get away for awhile.

Now, off to see what we are going to have for dinner tonight.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Im glad to see you are back on the blog! We missed you! I hope things are getting better and if you need anything dont hesitate to ask!