Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things

I've been tagged. A friend tagged me and I guess she wants to know me better so now I am supposed to write 25 things about me. Here it is.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. (Note: I won't tag anyone. If someone wants to do this, let me know, I would love to read what you write.)

1. Yes, my name is JANET, J-A-N-E-T. Yes, I am Hispanic but my parents named me JANET not Juana or any other Spanish name. I married a Canadian so now I have a Caucasian last name as well, but I am Hispanic and yes, I do speak Spanish.

2. I hate being cold. I hate cold weather. Living in Manitoba only makes me hate cold more.

3. I have been playing the piano since I was 4 years old. I like to think I am pretty good at it. I used to play the alto saxophone - I would need to brush up on that again. I have played the organ off and on at church since I was 13 years old.

4. I love learning new things and would go back to school if I could.

5. I love scrapbooking and making crafts. I also 'try' to crochet and quilt with major help.

6. I love to bake but hate cooking. My husband says he likes my cooking, I don't believe him!

7. I love to travel but in the last 10 years haven't been able to do much of it.

8. My goal this year is to have a garden in my yard. I will need help with this though.

9. I met my husband at a YSA church dance. They work! Nevermind that I knew most of his extended family, one of his brothers and probably would have met him sooner or later.

10. I like reading a good book. Unfortunately, I am not able to read as much as I would like to. I did read the Twilight series though!

11. I have never had surgery or broken any bone on my body. However, I had kidney stones when I was 17 - not a pleasant experience.

12. We have no pets. I had budgie birds growing up but they died and I was traumatized for years over that. We are thinking of getting a service dog for C in the next few years but I am afraid of what might happen when the dog gets old and dies.

13. We have a special needs son who keeps me running around all the time but has brought me so much joy. He teaches me something new everyday.

14. I don't have much patience. This is something I have been working on for years. I like to think I have improved somewhat but would have to ask my husband.

15. I went to my first music concert (other than to the symphony) this past year. I went to see Michael Buble with my sister-in-law and had an awesome time!

16. I went to a performing arts high school. A typical day started at 8:00 a.m., right after early morning seminary, and ended at 11:00 p.m. I was a music theatre major (vocal, drama & dance), played the alto saxophone and piano. It was very demanding but very fulfilling.

17. I have been married for over 10 years. Most of my high school/college friends are now starting to get married. They come to me for 'advise'. They all thought I was crazy getting married at 21 years! I was fortunate to find my best friend early in life.

18. At church I have worked with the youth since I was 19 years old. I did work briefly with the women's organization for approx. 1 year. I love the youth!

19. I love spending alone time with my husband. We are both busy and don't do it enough. We are leaving our kids (for the first time) in March and going to Vegas for a week - I can't wait!

20. My husband and I have been together for over 12 years and the whole time he has been a student. He finally finished his PhD a few months ago and is actually working full-time! We are still living a student life - have lots of student loans, but I am so proud of his accomplishments.

21. I am the oldest of 3 children. We are all complete opposites of each other. Somehow we all seem to get along. I think its because we all live far away from each other. I did enjoy living close to my sister the last few years though. I miss my family a lot since moving to Winteroba.

22. My favourite holiday is Christmas. I love being able to be with family and sharing wonderful, yummy food and memories.

23. My husband did not propose to me. I try NOT to be bitter about it. I am still hoping one day he will. . .

24. I do not have a girl best friend. I did once upon a time but I had a bad experience and now I have trust issues with women. My best friend is my husband - he knows EVERYTHING about me and I can't keep a secret from him. He probably knows more than he wants to.

25. I love getting a massage. If I could afford it, I would hire my own private massage therapist. Wait a minute, I thought I had one, my husband?

0 comments: