8 years ago Dan and I moved back to this area to start a PhD. We expected that 4 years later we would be graduating and starting a job. We didn't know that 8 years and 3 kids later that day would finally come.
This morning D was put to the test when he defended his dissertation and showed a committee his expert knowledge in his field.
Because of the politics of it all, I wasn't able to be present at his defence however, I heard the last 30 minutes of it standing outside the door. After hearing the questions he was asked I was glad I wasn't there for all of it (3 hours worth). I probably would have clobbered someone on the head and yelled at someone else! It would have been too hard for me to keep my mouth closed.
The committee was very positive in their comments and indicated that they were very impressed. They gave D the highest mark possible so HE PASSED!! He has some very minor revisions but they are happy with the final product he produced.
All of those long nights have come to an end and I am so ready to move on to the next stage of our lives.
Thank you to all of our family and friends who have been so supportive of D and of me.
I love you Dr. Olsen and I am so proud of you! 
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Dr. D
at 4:24 p.m.
Labels: Dan; School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Oh that is so exciting Janet!!! I am so excited for your guys too - sad that you're leaving but excited that a new chapter is beginning :)
Post a Comment