Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Going CRAZY!

Sorry, I have been MIA the last few days. LOTS has been happening around here!

On Saturday we were invited to a birthday/pool party (actually is was Christian who got the invitation but we were all told we could go)! Dan and I were happy that Chris got invited to a birthday! The little girl turned 1 and doesn't know Christian at all so it was so nice to be included. We have heard all these stories of 'special' kids that never get invited to anything. That would be awful for Chris. We want him to make and have friends. Elena and Lianna were so excited for this party because they were going to be able to wear their bathing suits! I really didn't know what to expect. I knew that Chris was either going to like it or hate it. He LOVED it! What he loved about it was the kids diving or jumping into the pool. Every time there was a splash, he laughed and laughed! And then got sad when there was no action! We spent 1.5 hours sitting there watching everything swim and he had a blast! So cute!

On Monday I had a lady come in and tell us about all the different programs there are in the community to help out Christian. She was really nice and we ended up filling forms out for 4 programs. Of course, they all have wait lists but hopefully someone will call before the end of summer.

Tuesday the preschool had the annual end-of-year trip to FunWorx. It was exhausting for me but Lianna and Christian had a blast. Lunch was provided for us (yummy pizza) and we played (tried to play) some arcade games. My friend Andrea has a blind/deaf child so ever since Christian's diagnoses, she has kind of taken me under her wing and given me so many resources and information. We droped off her son at the home he lives at and her daughter rode with us. Lianna LOVED that!


Today we had another worker come in and finish an assessment/test on Christian. This test is called the Battelle Developmental Inventory and it is way to complicated for my sleep deprived mind to get into right now. Follow the link above if you are interested in learning more. The worker will be in next week to go over the results.

Tonight I got my hands and arms dirty and worked in the garden. My neighbour Mary, was out as well and she had a really green thumb so she came over and helped me out for a bit. It looks nicer out there and hopefully we will be seeing some tomatoes soon!

I am off to fold laundry and get to bed. Tomorrow I have LOTS to do!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a crazy week you've had. Having things for the kids to do over the summer is so great, good job on staying on top of things. It sounds like Christian had a great time at the party...speaking of which, his birthday is coming up! Yea for Christian! Keep up your blogging. I really enjoy reading them.